Friday 13 January 2012

Trying to catch Up

After seeing just how out of control my debts have got again I have been trying to get myself back into the debt slaying frame of mind. To help me with this i have joined another challenge on moneysavingexpert - its basically a pay off challenge and i have given myself a target of £5000 overall - hopefully i will manage to pay off more than this over the course of the year but i thought it would be a good target to aim for to start with anyway :)

So far this year i have paid off £170 - £100 off mortgage, £10 off rates and £60 to cccs so thats a good start i think :) but i want to try and make a payment off something today as well.

The one bill that has been confusing me the most is my mortgage payment - i just find it difficult to remember and monitor my payments and what is due etc.

I got a letter dated 16th December saying i was £376.14 in arrears with my payments.  Payment becomes due on 2nd of the month so that takes it to £714.64.  I made a payment of £100 on 9th Jan = £614.64 & HB payment was due yesterday which should be £186.04 = £428.60 so my arrears at the minute are £428.60 as far as i can figure out.

I want to try and make a regular payment again every Monday off my Mortgage, my TV license, my Rates and maybe one more if i can manage it.

TV Licence - According to my schedule i owe £33 to catch up with this payment.  I have just paid £30 for this bill and i can pay the other £3 on Monday and i will be back up to date.

Rates - The last details i have on the rates payment i owe is £272.55 and i paid £10 off this on 9th so thats £262.55 now on this one if my other figure is right.

I have also just made the payment for my ground rent which is £17.50.

Final payment for today then - i have just paid £63.64 off the Avon account leaving a balance of £950

So thats a good bit of catching up done for today and total payments made so far this year is £281.14


No comments:

Post a Comment